My journey to blossom and grow as an author

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Where I'm From

Hey there! I've decided that I'm going to try to post more often then I do, because I've had this blog for a while but I don't post my writing very much. Anyway, here is a poem I wrote call "Where I'm From". I hope you like it!

Where I'm From
By Mikaela

I am from the light in the sun
The shine in the stars
The blue in the sky
The puff in the clouds.

I am from the melody in a song
The voice singing the lyrics
The strum on a guitar
The sound in music

I am from the words in a book
The title of a story
The ink on the pages
The phrases that are read

I am from the waves in the ocean
The current in a stream
A reflection in a lake
The ripples in the water

I am from the depths of the forest
The echo in a cave
The height of the mountains
And the current in the wind 
That carries me away

No comments:

Post a Comment